Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day

I know it's a little late, but I wanted to say thank you to all the mother's in my life for the graceful examples and wonderful advice. My mom always gave me her time and company when I was young. She always made sure to spend time with us kids. She taught me that an education was important and you had to set goals and work hard to achieve them. She use her talents to improve and brighten our lives. One thing I remember most was every Easter my mother made my older sister and me our dresses. I look forward every Easter to those dresses and I don't think I let my mother know how much I loved those dresses, because I remember when I was about 10 or 11 she was bought me a dress thinking I would be so happy and excited about a store bought dress. It was a beautiful yellow dress but it never could compare to those dresses my mother made us. She spent so much time with us, teaching us and loving us and making sure our home was a place we always felt love and secured. I would like to thank Terry who got me through my teen years. Nothing like inheriting a teen girl, emotions, drama, and all. She got me through fights with my friends and boys who broke my heart. She use to laugh when I thought I was too old to go out and be seen in public with my parents or I just couldn't get my hair or clothes right. I hope I will remember that because I am becoming a mother of a teen daughter myself. She shared her testimony with me so many times even when she didn't know she was. She accepted me and loved me and didn't let me get away with things I shouldn't. I also have to thank Kathy, Tucker's mom, who has become another mother to me. She is always so graceful, kind, and loving in all she does or says. She always finds the positive or good in any situation or person. She shares her love and warmth with me and my children. She raised a beautiful son who became a loving husband and a wonderful father. I can never thank her enough for all she has done for my family. All of the mothers have helped me to become or strive to become the kind of mother I am. I love each and everyone one of them and feel so blessed to have them in my life. I would like to thank my husband and children for making my Mother's Day so special. They woke me up with breakfast and took care of me all day. I got my books the next 2 in the Twilight series which I have finished already. Meriah made sure that I got my snuggly blanket so I don't have to steal hers anymore. Though Meriah loves to share her blanket she just thought I should have my own. I love Mother's Day because it reminds me to think about my mothers and it also reminds me just how much Heavenly Father has blessed me and my life with these beautiful children. They truly make up and complete our family. I couldn't imagine my life without anyone of them. They each bring unique characteristics and individual personalities to our family and make it a complete package. Love you all!

No comments: