Saturday, February 2, 2008

Remembering Pres Gordon B Hinckley

Today was the funeral service for Pres. Gordon B Hinckley. It was very moving and inspiring. I have always loved Pres Hinckley. To me he radiated love and kindness. He truely loved everyone he met and even those he didn't. He was truely a prophet of God. Through him it was evident that our Heavenly Father loves us and that he holds us in his hands. He sent a wonderful man to lead His church and he will be missed by many. I always enjoyed watching him speak. I loved the fact the he had a wonderful sense of humor. I heard his daughters talk about their parents at a Time Out for Women conference and you could not deny how much their parents loved them and how much they loved their parents. On top of the many things that Pres Hinckley inspired to change in my life or to reach for, both him and his wife inspired me to be a better parent. I am thankful for having him as a prophet, he strengthened my personal testimony as well as many others. He did so many amazing things for the church and has left a wonderful legacy. He truly was a disciple of Christ and set a wonderful example and made us want to be better "to stand a little taller." Heavenly Father loves us and wants what is best for us and He will have His church led by the righteous. It is exciting to see what is coming next. As Pres. Hinckely said, "the best is yet to come." I am so thankful for my membership in the church and all the blessings my family and I have recieved by living the gospel. I believe the church is true and I believe we will be led by a living prophet who is guided by Heavenly Father. Pres. Hinckely was always challenging us to read the Book of Mormon. Our family has taken that challenge, even though it is taking us a while, we keep trekking on. I want my children to have read it and to pray about the truthfulness of it, to use it in their lives. As someone said during the service today - thank you to the Hinckley family for their great sacrifice of their time with their father, grandfather, or great grandfather so that he could carry out Heavenly Father's work. We were truely blessed by a great man, "a giant among men." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvB3z2U8DEo

No comments: