Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Wake Up Call

So after being lazy and sleeping in late this morning, I heard my phone beeping. I checked it and had a message from Melissa. We are currently counting day the days until Breaking Dawn comes out, which we have decided that one way or another we will be seeing together. For Alissa, we are hoping that she will be able to come here and we can all see it together, if not my wonderful husband has offered to fly me out to Texas to see it with her. Anyways back to my story, she has figured out how many weeks until the movie comes out, which is 8 weeks counting this week. So she has decided since we both have gotten out of shape and put on a few pounds, she has worked out a plan for us over the next 8 weeks until. Our goal is to try to lose 2 lbs a week until then. She says the goal is 15lbs which is my goal also, so she says this gives us an extra pound if we cheat. I will probably need more than one extra pound for cheating and I don't know if I will be able to pull off 2 lbs every week, but I am going to give it a try and do what I can. We have decided that we will have a weigh in on Mondays, so we both checked out our weight and reported today. The reason why I am putting this on my blog is because I think this is going to be good. I have someone to report my progress to and they say that is one of the reasons why Weight Watchers works because you do it in a group and you have to report in on your progress. I had decided on Saturday I was going to start exercising again. So now we tell each other what we did for the day as well as talk about what we eat. I am going to try to post my progress here as well, maybe if I have somewhere else to be accountable for it that will help. If anyone else wants to join us let me know.

So today, I ran 2 miles. (okay I didn't run the whole time) I was thinking about Amanda's blog on running and I have a thought - How can I hear pitter patter of my sneakers hitting the pavement over the screaming in my head - WATER, OXYGEN, WATER, I am going to die out here and my family won't find me for a long time!!! Even the music from my ipod doesn't drown out the screaming. Okay I know I am a wimp, I am so out of shape which is why I am out here. They say it will get easier - so let's put it to the test and see if that's true. And I do have to say at some point I take my head phones out because the music and the screaming become too much noise and my head starts to hurt, or that could just be the lack of oxygen, anyways the quiet is nice and it gives me time to think, quiet time to think and reflect.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I'm excited. Well do it. I will be running this evening. I can feel the weight coming right off. LOL. You need to post the pic you sent me to show your progress. Melissa

Nikki Painter said...

These days I can barely walk anywhere!! I totally agreewith the accountability with weight loss, I only have had success with weight watchers, hopefully after this baby it will be my last attmept!! Great to hear from you and great advice too!!!

flmama said...

Well, you are still out there! :) I have been trying to do better, but have an accountability place would be great because right now, it is just me and I can justify a lot of things away! :) A friend of mine in Indy has roped me into running the Disney Marathon with her in 2012. The thought of running 26 miles makes me want to fall over and die like the runner the marathon was named for! I don't really enjoy running, so I am not sure how I got talked into this! I started playing indoor soccer, so I guess that is a good start. I think I will have to stick to Wii Fit over the winter, I try not to go out on the cold at all! Anyway, that was a long round about way to say that I am in!

Amanda said...

Abby - your post made me laugh. First of all neither you or Melisaa have 15 lbs to lose. You both look good! But I am all for your running especially since you are going to be running the Miami half marathon with me in January. Once you get in a little better shape you will hear that pitter patter of your shoes against the concrete and enjoy your music...until then keep running. I will be looking around PSL for you just in case you die on the road!

Amanda said...

PS - I am glad that you updated! I am going to check back on your running progress and start working on your running training schedule!

Alissa said...

3 months...3 months! you fell off my daily check list!

go for you for running! i'm doing this 9 week couch to 5k program where it builds up your endurance.

Wilde Lady said...

Finally!!!!! I keep checking your blog and I'm pretty sure that Caleb's hair has changed by now. Can you count my in, but not until Jan.? I don't think that I could manage losing 2 lbs. a week right now. It's more the other way around. I now you can do it, you'll be in great shape. But why the 15 lbs.? I agree with Amanda on this one, neither of you need to lose 15 lbs!

Joe & Lara said...

i can't wait for twilight to be out too! what a good incentive yall have going! i may have to adjust my workouts too- might as well when we all have the support group!
glad to see ya post again!!! know you're busy! but love seeing the updates!
Lara :)